We founded nuud activewear in 2020 with a mission to create clothes that truly matter.
Our goal is to create circular clothes - ensuring that all of our processes from design to the product end-of-life are as ethical & environmentally friendly as possible. And most importantly, we aim to keep any of our products from ending up in landfill.
The fashion industry is one of the most polluting industries. Together it produces around 8-10% of global CO2 emissions and produces an insane 92 million tonnes of textile waste per year!* The industry has numerous ethical issues such as low wages and child labour, health and safety risks, animal cruelty, overconsumption, body image issues and waste it creates.**
So what can we do about it? We can make better choices. And continuously look for better solutions. We're on a mission to do better!
- We have created timeless designs & high quality products that use premium sustainable Italian fabrics to ensure you can wear our products for more than one season!
- We work with partners that we know & trust. We take the time to get to know the people who supply our materials & make our garments.
- We keep our manufacturers as local as possible - all of our garments are ethically made in Europe.
- We aim for a zero-waste production by reusing all of our production waste.
- We are providing an end of life solution to our products - once they are worn out, we'll take them back for free repair or redesign into new products.
- We're kind towards animals, and we will never use or hurt animals in any of our processes. We are vegan - we will never use leather, wool, silk or any animal byproducts in our designs.
Producing sustainable and ethical fashion comes with many challenges. We don't have everything figured out, yet! We're small & young but eager to learn, grow & continuously improve ourselves.